Sunday, December 7, 2008

Month 5 and My Belly is Growing...Finally!!!


Well, according to the "What to expect when you're expecting" book, I'm officially in the 5th month (weeks 18-22 weeks). Yes, funny math if you ask me. I guess you're squeezing 40 weeks into 9 months, you have to do funny math. This is the big week we find out the genders! Any guesses?

I've attached the weekly belly pic (I'll try to keep this up) and boy I feel like you can see a difference this week. Hello Babies! Here's what's shaking with the kiddos:

Head to rump, they are 5 1/2 inches long (about the length of a bell pepper) and weigh almost 7 ounces. They are busy flexing their arms and legs — movements that I can feel everyday! Their blood vessels are visible through the thin skin, and their ears are now in their final position, although they're still standing out from his head a bit if they have Benson or Romley ears. A protective covering of myelin is beginning to form around their nerves, a process that will continue for a year after they are born. If one is a girl, her uterus and fallopian tubes are formed and in place. If we're having a boy, his genitals are noticeable now.

Stay tuned for what will hopefully be an exciting post this weekend. However, there is still a chance their "stuff" may be hiding from the doctor.

No comments: