Sunday, April 12, 2009

36 Weeks--14 Days and Counting!


At the end of this week, the babies will be considered full term. This is the case for all babies -- full term for singletons or twins (or 8 babies for that matter) are all full term at 37 weeks.

Besides numbness in my fingers (which I mentioned a few days ago), some pelivc pressure (surprisingly, it's more in the middle of the night than any other time), and some swelling in my feet, I'm feeling good. I was on my feet nearly all day yesterday baking and running around and all it did was make me sleep better! I slept about 9 hours and only got up twice. I'm fighting the urge to go the bathroom all the time, but I still keep up the fluid intake. Also, besides struggling to pick things up I've dropped and put things away in cabinets (my belly gets in the way), I seriously sometimes forget I'm HUGE! For two weeks to go, I feel pretty fortunate to feel this great.

Here's what's going on according to the text books:


The babies are still packing on the pounds — at the rate of about an ounce a day each. They now weighs almost 6 pounds (We're keeping up with the text books!) and is more than 18 1/2 inches long. They are shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered their body as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that covered and protected their skin during her nine-month amniotic bath. The girls swallow both of these substances, along with other secretions, resulting in a blackish mixture, called meconium, will form the contents of their first bowel movement.

1 comment:

Teen said...

Hey darling!
Just stumbled upon this page and am so glad that I did! Been catching up on you this afternoon. You look fantastic! Hard to believe it is almost go time. Would love to see you soon.