Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Nap Time Successes!


Since the 8th week we have been on a 4 hour feeding schedule -- 7am, 11am, 3pm and 7pm. After the first feeding, we put them in the bumbo (it helps bring out the burps since they are now pretty much burping themselves), then over to the activity mat for playtime. Typically around 8:15am Evelyn starts to get fussy and Sylvia's eyelids get heavy. For Evelyn, timing is everything, you must get her somewhere she can fall asleep fast or you will be trying hard to get her to sleep for as much as 30 minutes. Lately, I've been rushing her over to the bouncy as soon as her laughs (they aren't really laughs, but you know what I mean) turn into tiny groans. For the last two days now, I have successfully put her in the bouncy and she's fallen asleep without assistance.

Sylvia ,on the other hand, loves to sleep and falls asleep easily in her swing. As I've mentioned before, she is quite addicted to her pacifier, and will wake up and cry loudly if it falls out. But lately, she doesn't seem to need it as much. I hope this trend will continue as I refuse to let my 2 year olds walk around with binkies in their mouths (hold me to this!).

Both girls are getting so grown up, they no longer needs their Mommy! It's kind of sad, really.




1 comment:

Angela said...

no matter how grown up they are- they always need their mommy (and daddy too!) :-D