Saturday, January 10, 2009

Thank You, Papa Romley


The nursery is coming together and we're thrilled. We've decided to not take on a totally baby theme (no bright pinks or anything too baby) and make it a little more of what I'm calling "sophisticated baby." It's a bit shabby chic, sort of. We've gone with a bird theme with the use of bedding from Pottery Barn Kids and have scored some really cool bird figurines and pictures along the way. I love it (and think David does too) and since the girls' will dictate every moment of our lives after they are born, I figured why not go with a theme we love!? Plus, I've never been a girly, girl...I can't handle too much pink.

We finally have all of the major pieces of furniture for the nursery. Papa Romley (David's Dad) and Carol (Step-Mom) gave us a cash for Christmas and we couldn't think of a better place to spend it -- on the girl's room. After much searching, we found a large rocker that should give me plenty of room to feed both girls at the same time (hey, I'm hoping to be efficient in the ways I can). The chair rocks and swivels and the ottoman rocks. It's upholstered in a light green gingham. It's been scotch guarded to protect from all the spit up. So...thank you Papa Romley and Carol. The girls will hopefully love to be fed and rocked to sleep in this chair!

No comments: