Sunday, March 8, 2009

31 Weeks and Still Truckin'


I think I'm supposed to feel terrible by now because everyone is surprised I'm feeling good, still going to the gym and generally have a smile on my face.

The girls are so active! I feel Baby B so much more than I ever have...I sort of think she's now breech and transverse like her sister. It's a relief because I used to have to poke my belly to really feel her moving around, now I feel the bootie bump all day long. Neither of them like to be squished at night when I'm lying on my side, so I get the kick, kick, kick until I flip over, then the other one does it. They are drama queens! So, I've now discovered this side/back sleeping position where I prop a pillow along each of my sides and now I don't squish my belly. They seem to be pleased with this arrangement and sleep quietly...that's until I get up and go to the bathroom around 2am every night, take a drink of water and they are dancing for at least 30 minutes. I think they are like "Woooo, Momma gave us something to drink." They celebrate like it's gin and tonics! Oh, I think we're in store for some pretty sassy ladies! By that point, I'm typically awake for 2 hours thinking about them, work, child care, etc. Surprisingly, while I'm not sleeping solidly anymore, I don't feel super tired. I think it's all prep for when they arrive.

Here's what's going on with the girls, we will get to verify some of these statistics in our ultrasound on Thursday. This week, the babies measure over 16 inches long. They weigh about 3.3 pounds and is heading into a growth spurt. They can can turn their head from side to side, and their arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath their skin.

No comments: