Sunday, March 8, 2009

Weekend with My Man


David and I haven't had a lot of time to spend together alone lately, so we decided to block off an entire weekend just for the two of us. Friday, we went out for a casual sushi dinner (well, I didn't really have sushi, but he did). Saturday was fun filled -- I made David his favorite breakfast of eggs benedict and then we went out and about. We visited the National Arboretum (see pic of funky tree), Congressional Cemetary where lots of VIPs are buried (or were buried until their home State's wanted them back), went to Old Town for lunch and snacks, checked out a planetarium in Arlington, and then out to dinner at the Melting Pot. I've never been -- it's a chain fondue restaurant -- but was in the mood for chocolate yummies. It was a fun change (and delicious chocolate). We were so tired last night we passed out until 9am this morning (it was still only 8 hours of sleep considering the time change). It was nice to be with David. We've been so consumed with catching up with friends and getting ready for the babies, we were long overdue for some quality time.

Today, my feet are up because 12 hours of running around yesterday was too much. I think I officially have knakles (When you have no ankles between your feet and calves). They aren't terrible, but they are definitely more swollen then they ever have. And, yes, I'm fully aware I need a pedicure...that's coming soon! David is supposed to be rubbing my feet, but he's busy reading the paper. Maybe later.


No comments: