Saturday, March 28, 2009

Car Seat Drama!


We got these car seats we thought were awesome UNTIL we had the fire department install them. Yes, they are the prettiest ones (green and brown paisley--see bottom picture) on the market (in my opinion), and they accommodate a baby up to 30 lbs (made sense, use it longer), but they are HUGE!!! Our midsized SUV, which I think is big, turned small very quickly! We couldn't put the car seats side-by-side, so they took up the ENTIRE back seat. Also, we had to push our seat up nearly all the way to make room and not hit them with the front seat. My belly barely fit behind the steering wheel (yes, I am exaggerating, but you get my point). I was incredibly frustrated. We spent time researching, having them delivered, going to the fire station to have them installed only to be completely unhappy. So, on Thursday night I was stressing. I didn't sleep a wink. Seriously, I had 45 minutes of sleep the entire night. I felt terrible and actually called in sick on Friday. Then, I could only sleep about an hour the whole day!

Long story short is that I was all set to by these Chicco car seats recommended by my twin Mom friends. However, I learned they don't fit into the double snap and go stroller (which is like a frame, making it incredibly easy to just snap the car seats in w/o disrupting the sleeping beauties). So, back to the drawing board. I went with the old classic -- Graco Snug Ride. They are consistently high rated and what nearly everyone gets. I just didn't like the colors/patterns (as my friend Diana says "it's all about the aesthetic when you have a baby!"). However, I found one I liked reasonably well (pale pink and brown--see picture above) and went for it. They both fit next to each other in the back seat, leaving room for a third passenger! David has to wench them down, but I did a fairly good job installing them (it took forever!). The fire dept stopped installing because of budget cuts...we had one chance only!

Bottom line is that the babies, if born today, will have a way home from the hospital. Yeah!

1 comment:

josiem said...

do you need more snugride bases? we're done with our 2 (and the carseat as well...) for now...