Saturday, March 28, 2009

34 Weeks


Question of the week? Did my belly drop? I sort of think they are starting to drop because some of the sensations I am feeling down there are that they are COMING OUT! It's very strange and it's obvious Baby A is starting to get into position. I feel her as low as you can and all the way up to the top...and she's the SMALL baby! I also am starting to experience some pelvic pressure and my hips are aching a little. My waddle might set in officially very soon! Overall, I still feel good. I really don't have much classic back pain; I have a strange pain in my right side ribcage, but it's very hit and miss. Sometimes I'll milk it just for a back rub (ha ha!). But, my heating pad does a good job too.

The girls are incredibly active still. I will be sad when there movements decrease (this is expected closer to the end because they have no room left to squirm). This pregnancy stuff is pretty cool and if I wasn't getting a two-for-one deal, I wouldn't mind doing it again. I can actually say that I've enjoyed being pregnant except for the never-ending drama of "what to wear!" I love feeling the girls in my belly and saying funny things to them! David loves to get belly shots and feel them kick around; I actually think he'll miss my enormous belly. Soon, it will be all live and in person, with noises (like crying and laughing) to accompany them! Gosh, I can't believe we're going to be parents in less than 30 days!

Here's what's going on with the girls: They weight about 4 3/4 pounds (like your average cantaloupe) and are almost 18 inches long. Their fat layers — which will help regulate their body temperature once they are born — are filling them out, making them rounder. Their skin is also smoother than ever. Their central nervous system is maturing and her lungs are continuing to mature as well. Good to know -- Babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Big mama Meredith! Looking good! Can't wait to find out the names of Babies "A" & "B"!