Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Estimated Weights

I'm so excited to go to the doctor to get their official weight since we haven't been since their 2 month checkup. They are 15 weeks old today and yesterday they weighed in officially at:

Sylvia -- 13lbs 4oz
Evelyn--11lbs 8oz

Pretty good! I think Sylvia will be around the 50th percentile, but Evelyn is small and will likey be in the lower quarter. They are both very healthy girls and haven't even had a cold. They both eat at least 7.5 ounces 4 times a day, so 30 oz a day. Sylvia typically takes 8 oz in the morning and at night, so she's taking about 31 oz. I have a feeling we'll need to start rice cereal soon to make sure they get enough calories (especially Sylvia). I've read that once they eat 32 ounces they should be started on rice cereal. I'm not in any rush to start though, it's just more mess! And, they won't really get any calories from it for a while ... after they learn how to eat.

No comments: