Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Just Say No To -- Group B Streptococcus

My Strep B tests came back negative. As you recall, all pregnant ladies get tested for Strep B around their 35th week. It can be life-threatening to newborns, so they make you have an IV of antibiotics during labor to fight any transmission of the bacteria. So, this is good. If I am able to labor, vs a c-section, I won't be constrained by an IV! However, I'm not so sure they are both head down anymore. I feel Baby A (right) hiccuping and the movements are far up by my ribs. I don't see how her head could be down. We'll find out for sure on Friday at our next ultrasound. They are also doing a non-stress test then too to see if I'm having any labor symptoms like contractions and to check the babies.

Keep your fingers crossed for 2 babies HEAD DOWN!

20 DAYS TO GO!

No comments: