Thursday, April 30, 2009

More Pictures and Update



Day 3 in the hospital and we are feeling great. I've been up walking around the morning after the c-section and the pain hasn't really been that bad. Thank you, percocet! Wednesday was a bit of a whirlwind day with doctors checking both me and the babies constantly (this is a matter of routine, not because of anything unique with us). Both babies are doing great. They have passed every test with flying colors and haven't yet lost the typical 10% body weight that most babies lose (which is good since they are on the smaller side). Also, because of the c-section, I get my share of poking and prodding to make sure everything looks good with the incision and the uterus is shrinking as usual. My belly feels huge, but that's typical, I know.

We have been given the option to go home tomorrow (Fri) or Saturday. We're not sure yet. We have been provided excellent care we're in no rush to go home. Plus, we really want to make sure they are feeding properly and learn as much as we can about nursing. I need to be efficient with feeding or I will never sleep! We met with two lactation consultants today for about 45 min and then about an hour. They were both great, but I have a lot to learn!

Also, it must be said that David is SUPER DADDY! While I always knew he'd be a great father, he is really an INCREDIBLE father! He has pretty much done all the changings and swaddlings, while I've handled the feedings. Neither of us would have been able to do it alone. I can honestly say that this whole experience has just made me grow to love him even more! I better stop now...hormones are making me mushy!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What's the background on the names?

Cheryl said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! They are absolutely adorable!!!! Will you be dressing the same or different?
Best wishes on the nursing.....

Meredith & David said...

Laura--See post, just for you :)

Cheryl--No, we are not dressing them the same. It's important to us to treat them as individuals, not as a unit.