Saturday, May 2, 2009

First Night Out


Hey, even if it's for an hour, it still counts right?

We've been home a little more than 24 hours and already have ventured out. Sure, it was only to BabiesRUs, but it's important for us to TRY to do things. We got showered while the girls chilled in their downstairs bed. We put them in their car seats and drove 2 miles down the road to pick up a few things. Daddy stayed in the car while Mommy ran inside (am I one to sit in the car?). It proved to be good exercise, although I've been on my feet all day anyways. I've probably climbed too many stairs, but oh well. I feel good, my incision is perfect and I haven't had any other issues that would point to "over doing" it. After about an hour outside of the house, we returned home for another feeding.

Our day has been great. We've fed the girls every three hours -- combo of nursing, formula and pumping. It's quite the process, but I think we already have it down. Too bad David will have to return to work one of these days. We are just hoping our good luck during the day holds up tonight since we haven't napped at all today!

No comments: